Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 February 2019

IN THE SPOTLIGHT- YORK (Shopping & Eating)

Hello everyone!

York is one of those places that is perfect for tourists and visitors all year round. The shops and attractions are open through all weathers and there are plenty seasonal events too.
York Fashion Week is coming up next month (25-31 March 2019) which will be an exciting opportunity to explore fashion, style and creativity in the city.

York has so much to offer, and I've categorised a few popular places, along with some of my personal favourites, below. Don't forget that if you're a student, many shops and restaurants accept student discount through apps such as Student Beans or UniDays.

 Shops


Wild & Westbrooke
W&W is my favourite shop in York, selling all the perfect items a country girl could wish for! From Fairfax & Favor to Morris Richardson, they have it all! The family business has been featured in this season's issue of Femme Magazine, where you can browse a huge selection of Holland Cooper clothing. With friendly staff and gorgeous clothes- what's not to love?



 Abraham Moon
Abraham Moon is a gorgeous shop full of luxury tweed clothing and home furnishings. I'll pop some pictures of the shop up on my Instagram highlights so you can have a browse for yourself. My dad has some shirts and a blazer and I'd love to have the cushions and blankets in my home.


The Imaginarium/ Yorkshire Soap Co
The Imaginarium has a massive selection of homewares and gifts. I will pop some more pictures on my Instagram for you to see. My mum got a highland cow head (pictured below) from here. The Yorkshire Soap Co sells gorgeous soaps in the shape of cakes alongside other bathing essentials.


Here's a list of my other favourite shops in the city centre:
And some other popular shops:
 For the fellow Hinchers:
Of course there is the Designer Outlet too, which you can check out here.

Restaurants/Cafes

Attractions

 Hotels
  • Novotel- really family friendly with loads of facilities, including a swimming pool!
  • The Principal- my parents love staying here!
  • There are also various Travelodges and Premier Inns too.

Thank you for reading & I hope you enjoy exploring York!
Follow me on Instagram @thatmardyyorkshirelass to see more pics of York!

Until next time,

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment