Search This Blog

Monday 13 August 2018

WHAT TO BUY FOR YOUR UNI FLAT (Bedroom Edition)

Hi everyone!

I decided to write a series of 'what to buy for your uni flat' blogs as I am going to uni in September and have been buying bits and bobs ready for my flat. I am sharing a flat with 4 other people and we each have our own bedroom & ensuite but we're sharing a kitchen/living room area.

I struggled to think of everything I needed to buy and I did a lot of browsing for blogs but none of them seemed to be terribly helpful.

 I got my bedding from Studio as they have a huge range of good quality products for extremely good value! I have two duvet sets, the Dreamscene floral double duvet cover set (which I can't find on the Studio site but they have a huge range of duvet covers) and the retro flower power double duvet cover set which is reduced from £67.49 to £9.99. My mum actually ordered these for me and bought herself a few new duvet sets as well! She got some plain grey fitted sheets, sheets and pillow cases for me as well. The mattress protector is Silent Night and is from Studio for £17.99.
You will also need a duvet and pillows. My mum's friend is buying me my duvet as a late birthday present so I can't really write much about it yet!



My mum got me these cushions to match my colour scheme. The Bee Happy cushion is from Next and was £10 and the bee cushion cover was £9.99 from Amazon. The grey fleece blanket was from Primark and I got it a few years ago.


I don't think this is going to be an essential for everybody because a lot of people I've spoken to have been horrified at the idea but I really like ironing so picked up a Morphy Richards Breeze Steam Iron from Tesco (I think these are only available in store so I'll link another site here.)  I can't find the exact ironing board that I have but Amazon have a range including this patterned tabletop ironing board for £7.70.


I got two of these Curver storage baskets from Tesco and currently one has my towels in it and the other has stuff packed for September. They're grey so match my colour scheme well but I think they're available in black as well. I can't link them as I believe they're only available in store.

My mum bought me this cactus doorstop from Next because I have a rather large collection of cacti/succulents and needed a doorstop, so this was quite fitting.




I had some Next giftcards so I decided to get myself some yellow photo frames. My bedroom colour scheme is going to be grey and yellow and I saw these and thought they would go perfectly. I got two different sizes and they were £7 and £6. Unfortunately these are not available anymore at Next. I found some similar frames by Hampton which are available on Amazon. A desk lamp is essential as well, this one was my granny's but she decided to donate it to me as she didn't use it. Similar lamps can be found at places like B&Q. The medium fabric rice mouse is handcrafted in the Yorkshire Dales by Jackie from Heart of the Dales. She has a range of different fabric rice mice available in three sizes, small, medium and doorstop, as well as fabric hearts and bunting.





I had some New Look gift cards so did a bit of online shopping and got a clock and a mug in the sale. The mug is currently unavailable. 



I have many other things to suggest so I'll just write a list of them below and link some of them as well:


A list of things I still need to get so will link them as I get them:
  •  Duvet
  • Pillows
  • Pen Holder
  • Wash Basket


Other things I suggest taking:

  • Makeup
  • Hairdryer/Straighteners etc
  • Slippers & Dressing Gown
  • Fairy Lights 
  • Hairbrush
  • Chargers (laptop/phone etc)


My York St John hoodie also arrived last week. It was completely free from the university and is really cosy as well. For anyone who doesn't know, I'll be studying English Language at YSJ from September onwards.


I hope you found this blog useful, I'll be uploading the kitchen and bathroom editions soon.
Charlotte x














No comments:

Post a Comment