Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 August 2018

WHAT TO BUY FOR YOUR UNI FLAT (Kitchen Edition)

Hello and welcome to the kitchen edition of 'what to buy for your uni flat'.

As I'm sharing a kitchen, I obviously don't have to buy as much, but we're each having our own crockery sets/cutlery and pans etc.

I've done a fair bit of my kitchen shopping online at Studio because they have an amazing range of items at extremely affordable prices! This 3 piece non-stick knives and chopping board set is currently down from £16.99 to £3.99! It comes with 3 knives and safety shields and a white chopping board.

I got some more chopping boards from Amazon as well so I can have different boards for raw meat, cooked meat and veg.

I got a set of 4 Click n Seal storage boxes from Studio. These are going to be so useful for keeping my leftovers in and are priced down from £16.99 to £5.99

This 6 piece utensil set from Studio was reduced from £19.99 to £6.99 and they seem really sturdy and of a good quality.

My mum bought me this egg cooker from Studio because I can't seem to boil an egg in a pan! The Tower egg cooker can boil up to 7 eggs at the same time and is also able to poach eggs or make omelettes. This was reduced from £24.99 to £9.99 so my mum bought herself one as well.


My mum got me this Cooksmart set from Studio which includes an apron, three tea towels and oven gloves. I'm not an amazing chef but I've promised my flatmates that I'll make cupcakes so an apron may come in handy so I don't get flour all over myself! This was £14.99 reduced from £29.99.


My Granny does a lot of shopping at Lakeland and she bought me a few things for uni. I can't find this frying pan on the Lakeland website or anywhere else on the internet but it's a Tefal Invissia frying pan. Lakeland have other frying pans so I'll link them here. That link will also take you to some pots as well. My mum is lowkey a hoarder and whilst this is usually a bad thing, it meant she had a spare set of pots to give me (don't ask why because I honestly don't know why she had them). So that was good because it meant I could save a bit of money there.



Other things that my Granny bought from Lakeland include a measuring jug (£4.99), some Toastabags (£6.99)  and some wooden toast tongs (£2.49) because once I tried to get toast out the toaster using a knife and my younger sister had to stop me before I electrocuted myself (yes I am an idiot). these tongs are also magnetic so you can stick them to the side of your toaster so you don't lose them (something I would do tbh).


My granddad had some brand new mixing bowls at his house and said he was never going to use them so I (very kindly) took them off his hands. If you can't scrounge any mixing bowls from anybody, I recommend this set of 3 plastic mixing bowls with lids from Lakeland. They look really good and are priced at £14.99.





My parents bought me these stacking tumblers with a star pattern from Next a few months ago and I bought the matching wine glasses using a Next giftcard that I had. The tumblers were £10 and the wine glasses were £14.



I have a few things for baking those cupcakes for my flatmates but I won't bother including photos of everything:
Other things I would recommend:
A List of things I still need to get and will link them once I've got them:
  • Bread Knife
  • Utensil Pot
  • Cutlery Set
  • Crockery (Plates/Mugs etc)
  • Washing Up Bowl
  • Kitchen Roll & Holder
  • Washing Up Liquid
If you're not sharing a kitchen, you should probably get extra things such as:
  • Kettle
  • Toaster
  • Microwave (if one isn't already supplied)
  • Hoover
  •  Dustpan & Brush

No comments:

Post a Comment