Search This Blog

Saturday 23 March 2019

BANNATYNE SPA BREAK!

Hello everyone!

This week's blog is all about my weekend at the Bannatyne Hotel & Spa in Darlington.
Bannatyne have hotels and spas up and down the country and I'd heard many great reviews. Callum booked us a spa break for my birthday which was so lovely of him! Aren't I lucky?

We headed to Darlington (an hour's drive away) on Saturday afternoon and checked into the hotel, which is also very popular for wedding receptions. We were made to feel extremely welcome as we dropped off our bags in the room.



Then we headed to the spa, which is about a 5 minute drive away. The staff were really friendly and showed us around. We got a bag each containing a towel, robe and flipflops. After we'd got changed into our swimming gear, we headed to the spa where we were booked in for back, neck and shoulder massages. Our spa therapists were so lovely and made us feel extremely relaxed.
I didn't take any pictures at the spa because I was having such a good time relaxing but I'll insert some from the website so you can see what it looks like.







We spent a few hours using the pool, steam room, sauna and hot tub. It was lovely to just relax and enjoy our stay. The sauna is supposed to be good for alleviating pain and stress as well as increasing circulation, and the steam room was really good for clearing our colds away (everyone seems to be a bit sniffly at the moment don't they?)
Then we headed back to the hotel and got ready for our evening meal in the in-house Maxine's Restaurant.
The menu was incredible, with so many amazing dishes available. I'll include some pictures I took of our meal below.
Starter: Pork Belly Bites


Main: Gormet Burger


Main: Chicken, Pancetta and Spinach in a White Wine Sauce

 We also had ice cream for pudding too! After finishing the last of our gorgeous wine, we headed back up to the room to watch some telly before settling in for the night.
When we got up, we were able to help ourselves to a breakfast buffet. We both had a Full English, followed by tea and toast.

I hope you enjoyed this blog! I loved my weekend away and can't wait to go back for a treat another time.

Until next time,
Charlotte x

*Our spa break package included x2 treatments, full use of the spa facilities, evening meal, overnight stay in the hotel and breakfast.*



No comments:

Post a Comment